Adorn the Mind and Body | Be the whole package
Be the whole package | Full Cup
I am sure you have met that gym junkie who never stops talking about the ‘Iron Paradise’. That person who sticks to their diet and always looks good during the summertime, but can never have a conversation that doesn’t revolve around their fitness. You probably have also met their polar opposite, the intellectual type. These types are intelligent and pride themselves on their vast knowledge in different fields, they can strike up a good conversation with you but can’t keep their health in check.
In the quest for self-actualization you must understand that all you have is your body and your mind. The two are complimentary like; yin and yang, eggs and bacon. You can not afford to be one dimensional, broaden your horizons and attack the duality of the mind and body. Be multi- dimensional, always seek improvements in all aspects of your life, and do not neglect lagging areas.
Adorn The Mind
No one likes a meat head or someone who is just fixated on their own outwards appearance. If your only concern is about how you look, people can mistake you for being shallow or superficial. What can you bring to the table? Can you influence someones prospective on life with just a conservation? If not you need to adorn your mind.
Adorn your mind and make it beautiful with the same emphasis that you put on your appearance. You want to be able to articulate with another human being and have the capacity to influence and form connections. Your abs will not have a lasting effect on someones life but your words can, and your words come to you by the virtue of your mind.
Here is a list of things you can do to adorn your mind:
- Reading: Learn from other peoples insights and tap into the vast pool of human knowledge, easiest and quickest way to gain new insights and prospective on a variety of subject matter. Pick up the book dude!
- Meditate: Dive into the depths of your mind to find out how the deep the rabbit hole goes. Scientifically proven to increase grey matter in the neocortex ( the powerhouse of the brain ), as well as increase attention.
- Eat Fish: The Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish are like steroids for your brain, these nutrients help with brain function tremendously.
- Learn a new language: Your mind will reshape itself through the means of neuroplasticity, learning a new language pushes your brain to its limits.
- Learn a new instrument: Pick up that guitar that you bought of eBay but never used, endure the resistance of learning a new instrument, this is like making your brain do some squats at 6am.
- Play strategy games: Some games are good for you! Play some Chess, or a game of GO, games that are dynamic and require tactic will aid you.
- Learn anything: As long as you are constantly learning, your brain will be developing, do not get stuck in homeostasis and always choose mental progression.
Adorn the Body
Now for the people who refuse to take care of their bodies, understand that the worlds first impression of you is based on how you look ( might not be fair, but it’s reality ). Having a beautiful mind, while not taking care of your body is like having a dirty Ford Fiesta, with the interior of a Lambo, many people won’t bother looking in. We must try to reach our physical potentials to self actualize.
Adorning you body does not mean having the sexiest 8 pack on the beach ( although that wouldn’t be bad! ), it means being able to function properly, and having vitality. Understand that your body is your house, as long as you are on this Earth it is the only thing that stays with you. Take care of it, and it will take care of you, this seems like common sense but many people lack ‘common sense’.
I have compiled a list of things that you can do to adorn your body:
- Strength training : Moving weight with your body is primal, before you would pick up rocks and logs, these days you can pick up a plate loaded bar during the deadlift. Strength training will change your body from the inside out, and make you into a machine.
- YOGA: The physical form of meditation, stretch your limbs and become more functional. You have got to try this.
- Play a sport: Why not have fun while you build your body? Playing a sport combines the body and mind, all while being incredibly enjoyable, and easily accessible for most people.
- Calisthenics: So you don’t have any weights? No problem learn how to use your body with body weight training. You can also build an aesthetic physique with just your own body weight.
- Martial Arts: Go and learn some Jiu Jitsu or something man! Multiple benefits come out of learning a martial arts.
- Eat right: You wouldn’t put peanut butter in your car? So why are you supplying your body with lack luster forms of fuel? Learn about what your body really needs and supply the goods.
COMMENT BELOW, HOW DO YOU ADORN YOUR MIND AND BODY?